Mary Ann ConleyBorn 29 Nov 1873 in Tipton Co., Indiana
Died 08 Dec 1963 in Tipton, Tipton Co., Indiana
Married Apr 1937 in [Tipton Co.], Indiana to William Santford Durham
Son of John Durham and Harriet Cheatham
Born ca. Jan 1869 in Prairie Twp., Tipton Co., Indiana
Died 07 Apr 1944 in Kokomo, Howard Co., Indiana
- Daughter of Patrick and Alice (Tucker) Conley, of Ireland and Ohio.
- Mary's age in the census records: in 1880, age 6; in 1900, age 26 (b. Nov 1873).
- Mary appears under the surname Connelley in the 1880 census.
- Mary was married first to Ruben Bogan; Tipton Co., 31 Dec 1890.
- Obituary, Tipton Daily Tribune, 09 Dec 1963, courtesy of Laura Durham:
Mrs. Durham Is Stricken Sunday
Mrs. Mary Ann (Bogan) Durham, 90, of 328 S. East street, died at the home of her daughter, at 4:15 a.m.
Sunday, ill since Thanksgiving. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday from the Leatherman-Morris Funeral home
with Rev. Allen Rickless officiating and burial will be in East Union Cemetery. Friends may call anytime at the
Mr. Durham was born Nov. 29, 1873 in Tipton county, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Patrick Conley. She was
married Dec. 31, 1890 in Tipton County to Reuben Bogan and following his death in August 1931 she was married in
April 1937 to William S. Durham who preceded her in 1944.
She was a member of the South Side Christian Church of Kokomo.
Survivors include two children, Mrs. Harry Moone of Tipton and Mrs. Gerald Shockley of Terre Haute; a
brother, George Conley of Kokomo; two grandchildren, five great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren.
- 1880 - U.S. Census, Indiana, Howard Co.,
Union Twp., E.D. 51, Page No. 29 [=395A], 281-281, 21 Jun 1880
- 1900 - U.S. Census, Indiana, Tipton Co.,
Cicero Twp., E.D. 120, Sheet No. 3B [=79B], 64-64, 06 Jun 1900