Egbert Theophilus ScottBorn 12 Mar 1884 in Wilmington, New Hanover Co., North Carolina
Died Dec 1969 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Doctor-Medicine, 1920; Physician-General, 1930
Married 1923 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Ida Booth Davis
Daughter of James G Davis and Mary LeCount Booth
Born 12 Jan 1896 in [Philadelphia], Pennsylvania
To them were born:
- Son of Benjamin F and Margaret Athalia (-----) Scott, of Virginia and North Carolina.
- Egbert's age in the census records: in 1900, age 16 (b. Mar 1884); in 1910, missing; in 1920, age 35;
in 1930, age 46.
- Egbert graduated from Johnson C Smith Theological Seminary, ca. 1910.
- In 1930 Egbert owned a house valued at $6500.
- In 1930 Egbert was reported to be a veteran of the World War.
- Obituary, The Afro-American (Washington, D.C.), 16 Dec 1969:
Dr. Egbert Scott dies at 85
Dr. Egbert T. Scott, 85, of 623 N. 57th St., died last week at Mercy Douglass Hospital.
Services were held at St. Thomas Episcopal Church, 52nd and Parrish Sts. Interment was in Eden Cemetery.
He is survived by his wife, Ida Scott, one daughter, a son, and four grandchildren.
In 1963, he was honored for his 50 years of service as a physician by the Pennsylvania Medical Society.
Dr. Scott was a lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army Reserve, having served in World War I in France.
He graduated from Leonard Medical College of Shaw University, Raleigh, N.C., and Johnson C. Smith University,
He was medical director of Mercy Hospital and chief of the out-patient department for 25 years, before it
merged with Douglass Hospital.
- 1900 - U.S. Census, North Carolina, New Hanover Co.,
Wilmington (City), Ward 1, E.D. 65, Sheet No. 3A [=66], 51-64, 519 Walnut St., 05 Jun 1900
- 1920 - U.S. Census, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Co.,
Philadelphia, Ward 34, E.D. 1195, Sheet No. 4A [=228], 73-89, 5827 Haverford Ave., 06 Jan 1920
- 1930 - U.S. Census, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Co.,
Philadelphia, Ward 34, E.D. 51-463, Sheet No. 19A [=93], 248-311, 623 N. 57th St., 14 Apr 1930
- SSDI 177-28-4429