Lawrence St. Leger TerryBorn 24 Jul 1871 in Reading, Berks Co., Pennsylvania
Died 25 Dec 1925 in New York, New York
Barber, 1900; Steward-Club, 1920
Married 30 Oct 1907 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarah Wyatt
Daughter of Godfrey W Wyatt and Josephine Clark Johnson
Born 31 Aug 1876 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Died 07 Sep 1950 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
To them was born:
- Son of Charles L Terry and Martha Jane Ginn, of Virgnia and Pennsylvania.
- Lawrence's age in the census records: in 1880, age 9; in 1900, age 30 (b. Aug 1869); in 1910, missing;
in 1920, age 48.
- Obituary, The Reading Eagle (Reading, PA), 28 Dec 1925:
Lawrence Terry, cousin of L. Randolph Terry, proprietor of a barber shop at 239 North Dixth street,
died in New York. Deceased was 54 years old and was the son of the late Charles and Jean Terry. He is survived
by his widow, Sadie, and one son Lawrence, both of New York; also two sisters, Mrs. Martha Walker and Mrs. Mabel
Augustus, of Philadelphia. Undertaker Seidel will take charge of the body upon its arrival in this city and
interment will follow in Charles Evans Cemetery.
- Lawrence was buried in Charles Evans Cemetery, Reading, Pennsylvania, Section 59, Row 24, Grave 2:
"Lawrence St. Leger Terry, Sr. / 1872 In Loving Memory 1925"
- 1880 - U.S. Census, Pennsylvania, Berks Co.,
Reading, Ward 6, E.D. 49, Page No. 24 [=217D], 208-231, 132 N. Third St., 08 Jun 1880
- 1900 - U.S. Census, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Co.,
Philadelphia, Ward 24, E.D. 555, Sheet No. 9B [=52 verso], 162-170, 772 N. 38th St., 06 Jun 1900
- 1920 - U.S. Census, New York, Erie Co.,
Lackawanna, Ward 1, E.D. 306, Sheet No. 57B [=151 verso], 459-945, 9-11 Fifth St., 28 Jan 1920